Jazzy Wong, MSW, RYT
Jazzy is a masters level Social Worker, prison yoga teacher, wilderness naturalist, artist and founder of both Maui Prison Yoga Project (MPYP) and Blue Poetry Greetings Art. She draws great inspiration living on the beautiful island of Maui. A place that inspires and cultivates her life's work. She is passionate about blending art, nature, yoga and social justice as modalities for self-expressive healing. Whenever any doubt arises she has found a way to become more alignment with source by answering one simple question, "how is what I'm doing honoring the legacy of my ancestors?"
"We are always just one breath away from freedom".
• BA, Psychology, UC Davis, 2005
• MA, Social Work, Sacramento State University, 2009
• Spirit Rock Mindful Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training Graduate, Woodacre, CA, 2014
• Lighting the Path Yoga Teacher Training Graduate with Pete Guinosso, San Francisco, 2013
• Prison Yoga Project Graduate, Austin, Texas, 2012
• Byron Katie School for the Work Graduate, Los Angeles, CA, 2012
• Sea Kayaking Guide School Graduate, Davis, CA, 2003
• Founder of the Wilderness Yoga Collective and Blue Poetry Greetings
•Clinical Social Worker at San Quentin State Prison, 2010-2014
• Yoga Teacher at
Maui Community Correctional Center
• Mindfulness and Movement Facilitator at SF County Jail Reentry Pod
• Commercial Sea Kayaking Guide for Pt. Reyes Outdoors, Blue Waters Kayaking, Seatrek, ETC, and Outdoor Adventures
•Clinical Social Worker at Hawaii Behavioral Health, Maui
• Ana Forest Inspired Vinyasa Flow Yoga
• Trauma Sensitive Yoga for Prisoners
• Spirit Rock Thai Forest Insight Meditation Tradition
• Byron Katie's The Work of the Inquiry
• Jazzy's mission is to bring yoga and mindful meditation as a healing modality into spaces where access is often very limited. These include underserved communities, prisons, jails, hospitals, juvenile detention centers, youth centers, group homes, rehabilitation centers, etc.