Jazzy Wong, MSW, RYT
Jazzy is a masters level social worker, yoga teacher, trained wilderness naturalist and the founder of the Wilderness Yoga Collective (WYC). WYC is an organization based in Maui designed to invite you to play and discover healing by way of taking your practice outdoors. Deep in the Makawao forest, along the rugged coastline of La Perouse or atop a magical waterfall on the Bamboo Trail, the aim of WYC is to take you into these sacred places of potent medicine for the soul. She loves to share her experience in the wilderness and knowledge of Hawaiian Culture and storytelling with her attendees.
Jazzy's has over 15 years experience as a social worker and has worked in various settings including prison, jail, nursing homes, treatment facilities, schools, and in the community. She loves to integrate her love of yoga in her clinical treatment plans as a modality for healing for her clients.
Jazzy's yoga is mindfulness based, trauma-sensitive, fun, engaging, heart opening, empowering, and combines live handpan music with gentle and restorative vinyasa flow.
"We are always just one breath away from freedom".
• BA, Psychology, UC Davis, 2005
• MA, Social Work, Sacramento State University, 2009
• Spirit Rock Mindful Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training Graduate, Woodacre, CA, 2014
• Lighting the Path Yoga Teacher Training Graduate with Pete Guinosso, San Francisco, 2013
• Prison Yoga Project Graduate, Austin, Texas, 2012
• Byron Katie School for the Work Graduate, Los Angeles, CA, 2012
• Sea Kayaking Guide School Graduate, Davis, CA, 2003
• Founder of the Wilderness Yoga Collective
•Clinical Social Worker at San Quentin State Prison, 2010-2014
• Yoga Teacher at Community Youth Center, Tenderloin, SF
• Mindfulness and Movement Facilitator at SF County Jail Reentry Pod
• Commercial Sea Kayaking Guide for Pt. Reyes Outdoors, Blue Waters Kayaking, Seatrek, ETC, and Outdoor Adventures
•Yoga Teacher at Lumeria Maui
•Clinical Social Worker at Hawaii Behavioral Health, Maui
• Ana Forest Inspired Vinyasa Flow Yoga
• Trauma Sensitive Yoga for Prisoners
• Spirit Rock Thai Forest Insight Meditation Tradition
• Byron Katie's The Work of the Inquiry
• Jazzy's mission is to bring yoga and mindful meditation as a healing modality into spaces where access is often very limited. These include underserved communities, prisons, jails, hospitals, juvenile detention centers, youth centers, group homes, rehabilitation centers, etc.