Jazzy Wong, LCSW, RYT-200
Jazzy is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, certified Prison Yoga Teacher, wilderness naturalist, artist and founder of both Maui Prison Yoga Project (MPYP) and Blue Poetry Greetings Art. She draws great inspiration living on the beautiful island of Maui, a place that both inspires and cultivates her life's work. She is passionate about blending art, nature, yoga and social justice as therapeutic modalities for self-expressive healing. Her most recent work as been with at-risk adolescent youth and their families facilitating mental health and behavior therapy in the community, a job she feels great reward in doing. Jazzy brings to her work over 14+ years of community based clinical social work knowledge and experience and hopes to continue to do the work needed to instill a greater sense of harmony and equality in her community.
"We are always just one breath away from freedom".
• BA, Psychology, UC Davis, 2005
• MA, Social Work, Sacramento State University, 2009
• 2019 IVAT (Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma) conference attendee, Oahu, HI.
• Spirit Rock Mindful Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training Graduate, Woodacre, CA, 2014
• Lighting the Path Yoga Teacher Training Graduate with Pete Guinosso, San Francisco, 2013
• Prison Yoga Project Graduate, Austin, Texas, 2012
• Byron Katie School for the Work Graduate, Los Angeles, CA, 2012
• Sea Kayaking Guide School Graduate, Davis, CA, 2003
• Infant, Child, Adult CPR/First Aid/AED certified, American Red Cross.
• Clinical Social Worker at Hawaii Behavioral Health, Maui, HI.
• Founder of the Wilderness Yoga Collective and Blue Poetry Greetings•Clinical Social Worker at San Quentin State Prison, 2010-2014
• Yoga Teacher at
Maui Community Correctional Center, Maui, HI.
• Mindfulness and Movement Facilitator at SF County Jail Reentry Pod, SF, CA.
• Commercial Sea Kayaking Guide for Pt. Reyes Outdoors, Blue Waters Kayaking, Seatrek, ETC, and Outdoor Adventures, North Bay, CA.
• NASW code of ethics informed therapy
• Empowerment and client-centered
• Harm Reduction Model
• Strengths Perspective
• Family systems
• Motivational Interviewing
• CBT, DBT
• Skilled and experienced group facilitator
• Play therapy
• Suicide prevention, safety planning, crisis management
• Wilderness therapy
• Animal therapy
• Multi-disciplinary inclusion and collaboration
• Community resource linkage and support